I loveee St. Patrick's Day parades (and St. Patrick's Day -- no wonder as my last name supposedly translates as a drunken brawl, ask Amelia) I would go to everyone in the area (if I could be in two places at once). While each parade is unique, there are a few things that stay the same; beer and public intoxication, corned beef and cabbage and of course, PARADE SWAG!
Yes! There is no better way to celebrate this joyous holiday (might be my favorite of the year) then covering yourself in green clothing and glittery light-up accessories. So I figured, why not start the party a little early and give out some gaudy green gloriousness before the parades start (then maybe you won't have to chase the Guinness girls down for a 2 cent necklace. I did get lovely St. Patty's suspenders last year, thank you Heineken).
Here's how it is going to work, below is a beautiful Pot o' Gold (ok, it's a Solo Cup o' Change...it's a recession).
- Your guess must be in the following format: $0.00. This is not the gas station, no fractions of cents.
- You cannot guess a number someone has already guessed (there are enough numbers for all of you)
- You must MUST include your e-mail address in anti evil robot format i.e. lrbranigam AT gmail DOT com - entries without e-mail addresses are disqualified, you can't win if I can't e-mail you
- Submit your entry in the comments section below
- You must submit by 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, March 5. The winner will be announced on Friday, March 6
- Closest number wins (rounded up, for example, if the number is 12 and there is an 11 and a 13, 13 wins)
For more information of the history of St. Patrick's Day visit History.com.