Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The FTC is the buzz kill of the Blogosphere

Yeah, maybe there are a number of bloggers who post ANYTHING for a bit a swag but most bloggers just enjoy blogging, sharing their opinions and thoughts with others. But now, all that self expression could cost you thousands of dollars.

Now I don't know about anyone else out there, but ENCYCLOPEDIA BRANIGAN doesn't make a dime on its quest to share random knowledge - this is a non-profit reference source, there are no ads (truthfully I couldn't figure out how to use Google Ads)and I haven't received any swag (doesn't mean I wouldn't accept it - who doesn't like presents??), but I don't really like the thought of a large fine, so I better come clean.

I AM A PUBLICIST!!!

Yes! It's true. I've never hidden my profession, I've even written about the wonderful (award winning - wink) agency I work for multiple times, even posted video. If you Google me, you can see I blog for my company too - I'm pretty Hotsheet (hehe). From time to time I will post about something one of my clients is doing. No one has ever asked me to do this. I include them in posts because I think they are interesting and can fit into my format.

So to make sure the FTC doesn't fine me for misleading the consumers of America, whenever a post includes one of my agency's clients I will link to this article.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: