Monday, May 4, 2009

People who listen to Beethoven have high SAT scores

People who listen to Beethoven have high SAT scores, according to a study by Virgil Griffith, a grad student from Caltech. He took music (and book) preferences from Facebook and crossed them with SAT scores and created this an ingenious cross-section of music and SAT scores, proving what kind of music high SAT scorers (and not so high scorers - sorry wanna-be country singers, rappers and fans of The Used) listen to.

But it's true! I did not score very high on my SATs. (Nope. I did really badly - I am a horrible test taker) BUT I graduated college Summa Cum Laude and I would have to say I enjoy and listen to a lot of the music on the lower end of the spectrum. So while SAT scores do impress colleges (and your mom) they are not a direct reflection of a person's intelligence.

So, all the Lil' Wayne lovers, don't give up! Just make sure you invest in a quality tutor, preferably one that listens to Beethoven.

For more information on Virgil and his awesome work, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder what the study would say about people who listen to the Dead Kennedys...